Tuesday 9 June 2015

Corpus Christi Processions . . .



I was fortunate enough to be able to participate in two Corpus Christi processions this year, one in my own home parish and also in the 'slightly' larger procession in central London from Farm Street Church to Spanish Place.

I don't know if it is just my imagination but there seems to have been an increase in the number of these processions lately; a re-awaking of popular piety perhaps?  I have absolutely no evidence for this, it is just a feeling based on the frequency of references on social media  to various processions taking place this year.

Lying in bed on Sunday evening, unable to sleep, despite being worn out from a long day in London, I had the possibly daft idea of trying to list these references just to get a feel for the number of processions that actually took place.

This will just be a fraction of the total number in England and Wales, and beyond, and naturally dependent on the people and places I follow on Twitter, Facebook etc.

If anyone feels aggrieved that their parish has been omitted, do please add a comment, and a link if possible and I will update the list in  a few days' time. Thank you.

I will try and add a link to a photo or  a website where possible rather than try and include lots of photos in this actual post.

Please note some processions took place on Thursday 4th June (no comment! :-)) and others on Sunday 7th June.

In no particular order . . . 

St Patrick's Church, Soho
St Edmund's Church, Bury
Cardiff Cathedral

I know there are many, many more but this is just  a list of some that I've noticed.

No comments: