Wednesday 3 November 2010

This 'n' that . . .

Sorry for the lack of posting recently. Life just seems to be a bit busy at the moment. I'm managing to post a few Tweets on Twitter but don't seem to be able to find enough 'thinking' time to put together anything more than a few words.

I've had a few very enjoyable outings recently. The Pater Familias and I spent a lovely peaceful couple of nights in the New Forest last week to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary and my birthday. A much needed break for both of us.

Today I spent my day off with a friend visiting Denbies Vineyard near Dorking in Surrey. We managed to have a lovely walk around the estate and had time to visit the shop and chat over tea and cakes too.

Lots going on in the parish with beautiful Rosary and Benediction every Sunday afternoon throughout October and continuing throughout November too. I love the prayerful atmosphere that envelopes you as soon as you walk into church. Now that the clocks have gone back it's even more atmospheric as we just have the light of the candles on the altar and very minimal background lighting.

I imagine things are going to get busier still as we get nearer 'you-know-what' (the 'C' word)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and birthday to you, Miss Ellen!

Beautiful pictures!

kee said...

A very belated happy birthday and anniversary Miss Ellen E! Sorry only getting to it now. I rarely get around to looking at my favourite blogs, let alone posting something new on my one.
Hope all is well with you and yours.
xxx