Wednesday 31 January 2018

Today's Spiritual Exercise

Today's spiritual exercise - Make a list of all the things to be happy/grateful for . . .

A very good exercise for me as I know I am blessed in many ways but you'd never think so to hear me moaning on about nothing at every opportunity!

So-o-o-o- On my walk today, I gave it some serious thought.

There are so many things that make me happy, especially when I'm out walking.

Such as the fact that this view is just five minutes from our house and I pass it daily. I'm so very grateful that I can see nature and I'm not living in a 'concrete jungle'.



I love to see the first signs of Spring, like these snowdrops I passed on a bit of rough land.


And these crocuses in our own garden . . .


I am very grateful that I am well enough to be able to walk outside whenever I like, that my eyesight is good enough to let me see God's beautiful creation, my hearing is also good and allows me to hear the birds singing in the morning.

I am very fortunate in that I am free to roam and have a loving family who are happy to indulge me.

On a more mundane level, I am also grateful that I am able to own a phone with a camera that enables me to take photos when I'm out to post on my little blog.

As it says in a certain famous  song, 'these are a few of my favourite things' . . .

The list is endless and I am resolved to remind myself to 'count my blessings' next time I feel like having a moan!

1 comment:

Míċeál said...

God gives us so many graces every day ..... you've mentioned a few ..... He never tires of looking after us .....