Friday 7 November 2008

Another busy week ..

I don't know where this week has gone to! Everywhere seems to be busy; home, work, life, the world, the universe ....!!

I seem to have extended my birthday/our anniversary celebrations well into this week and I can tell that my waistline has also been extended somewhat but that's another story!

I suppose the news of the week must be the US election. In year's to come this will the subject of one of those quizes, where were you when ...? Where were you when the citizens of the USA elected their first black (well mixed-race at least) president?

Like most households in Britain (I would imagine) we were all gripped by the news coverage of the presidential election and were all late getting to sleep as we listened/watched the results coming in late into the night and well into the early hours of the morning. Adrian was on a business trip to Bulgaria and he watched the TV coverage there.

Things have calmed down a bit now and we are all waiting and watching. Praying too that nothing awful will happen before the inauguration of president-elect Barack Obama in January 2009.

No comments: