Friday 21 November 2008

I'm easily distracted !

OK, so we're getting near the end of November and the 'C' word is fast approaching!

About this time of year, I try ... I really do try, to take more notice of what's in the shops that might be appreciated as a little gift by one of our family or friends.

Now, in our family, we all enjoy a good book. We all have different tastes but I think we more or less know what to look for. So I thought I'd have a browse in our local Waterstones.

Every time I moved from display to display trying to focus on gifts for others, I was distracted by titles that sounded 'right up my street'. End result? - I came out of the shop with a long list of books to suggest to others that I would be happy to find in my stocking on Christmas morning and only one or two for every body else!

I think I'll have to try a pair of blinkers next time to stop me going off course!

No comments: