Monday 10 January 2011

Roll on Spring!

I was fed up with the dreary picture of snow and ice that was behind the header of this blog. It was making me feel grey too whenever I looked at it so I thought I'd try and inject a bit of optimism with a picture of some of the beautiful blossom that I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing before too very long.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to be back blogging regularly but I thought I'd just drop by and update the pictures and header now that things are getting back to normal again after the heady but hectic days of Christmas.

Today is the first day of Ordinary Time so things should be quieter for a while. The decorations are packed away in their boxes and returned to the loft; front gardens hereabouts are adorned with sad-looking Christmas trees and the odd string of lights that still have to be taken down.

Just as the Church is entering the 'green season' again, so are our gardens.

In the very brief moments of sunshine we've had in the last few days, it's been lovely to see the crocuses pushing their way through the soil now that the snow has finally gone and we have a lovely bunch of very early daffodils by our front door that are already coming along nicely. Lots to look forward to. As I said in the title of this post . . .

Roll on Spring!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

GREAT to see you back!!
Did you know that Lent is only 58 days away?
X

kee said...

Lovely to read more of your musings! Agree we could do with some cheery images:)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for praying for me when I was not well.

God bless.