Friday 1 April 2011

Getting the balance right . . .


In some ways I find Lent a bit of a balancing act. I try to use it as a time of prayerful preparation for the Great Feast of Easter. I promise myself I'll try and do something extra - go to Rosary and Benediction, attend Stations of the Cross, make time for some spiritual reading, etc. etc.

The trouble is that this very act of making an extra effort for Lent means that my weeks are busier than ever and far from finding the extra peace I'm looking for, I sometimes end up feeling quite frazzled by the end of the week. It's a bit of a conundrum really. Perhaps, this is my Lenten penance after all as I'm a person who really values my 'down time'.

I'm looking forward to the weekend when we have a bit of break from the penitential aspect of Lent on Laetare Sunday. The sight of our clergy resplendent in their rose vestments is enough to cheer us all up.

Plus of course it's also Mothering Sunday and I know that plans are afoot to take me out for a meal. Yay!

No comments: