Sunday 27 March 2011

Hooray for British Summer Time . . . !

Hooray, we get an extra hour's daylight at the end of the day! I expect I'm unusual in this, but I didn't mind losing an hour's sleep last night when the clocks changed as I seemed to have a supercharged battery today.

I often get up an hour later on Sundays anyway but tend to wake up at my usual working-day time so getting up was not a problem. Seeing the sunshine outside, I was eager to get up and start the day.

After Mass I had a nice, long gap before Rosary and Benediction in the afternoon, with no lunch to worry about as the Pater Familias disappeared after Mass to do something energetic with a racquet and a shuttlecock.

My body kept telling me it was an hour earlier than it actually was, if you see what I mean, so I managed to make a start on a couple of jobs that I haven't been able to summon the energy to tackle for some time.

First of all, the shed. Now this is going to be a major project, I feel, but I made a good start and managed to fill a couple of bin bags with rubbish and had a big pile of items that needed to be relocated to the garage or the loft.

Next, after I got back from Rosary and Benediction, the white plastic garden table which had accumulated an interesting greyish green patina over the winter. Now it's almost luminous!

Finally, an hour's ironing.

I think I deserve a pat on the back, or at least a little glass of something to help me relax . . .

By the way, isn't our camellia looking lovely in her Spring coat? I took this photo today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well done! What good use of an extra hour. Also the flowers are beautiful.
A