Thursday 8 September 2011

Is it really a year ago . . . ?

I was really pleased to receive my invitation to the Mass of Thanksgiving at Westminster Cathedral in the post today. I was a little anxious as there were a few administrative problems at the time of the Papal Visit which meant that our parish, and a few others, didn't receive any Pilgrim Packs for those who went to the Hyde Park event. I'm relieved that all has gone smoothly this time.

In some ways, it's hard to believe it's a year ago that we were all glued to the TV/Computer/Twitter etc. hanging on every word that the Holy Father said, and delighting in the images relayed from the various places Pope Benedict visited during his visit to the UK.

I can vividly remember the huge 'high' we were on at the time, and dashing back from our parish Mass to catch as much as possible 'live' of the Beatification at Cofton Park.

We have recently shared in a repeat of some of those heady days in following the coverage of the recent World Youth Day in Madrid.

It will be a wonderful privilege to be present for the Mass of Thanksgiving at Westminster Cathedral. I'm really looking forward to it.

No comments: