Thursday 11 April 2013

A day off and a day out . . .

Today was my day off and as  I hadn't been up to London for ages I decided I'd have a day out and go to Mass at Westminster Cathedral and a mooch around the Catholic bookshops nearby.

In the cathedral I bumped into one of the Friars of the Renewal that I know from his visits to the parish.  Then after the beautiful Mass when I was browsing in the bookshops I bumped into one of the priests from a neighbouring parish at home.  The Catholic world is a small one!

As well as attending Mass, I love to spend some time with Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel.  It's amazing how close to the Lord one feels and how easily one forgets that the busy, bustling world is carrying on as usual just yards away.  Fantastic!



As I was on the train home, the sun suddenly burst through the clouds and I arrived home to see the garden bathed in sunshine.  I wanted to post a photo on Twitter of our camellia which has burst into bloom recently but for some reason Twitter wasn't cooperating so I thought I'd post a few snaps here . . .




One good thing about this long cold spell and the delay of the onset of Spring is that all the spring bulbs have lasted for ages.  These little tête-à-tête daffodils have been in bloom for weeks.



No comments: