Sunday 15 June 2008

A week in pictures ...

I was trying to think what I've been doing since I last posted anything on this blog and then I had the bright of idea of looking at the photos I've taken recently. So here are a few shots which will tell you what's been happening this week.


Most months the women in our Team go out for a 'Girls' Night' in a local pub/restaurant and on Monday we met in the Derby Arms opposite the Grandstand on Epsom Downs. We missed N's company as she was away at the time but the four of us who were there had a very good evening, catching up on family news. We find as well as being good fun, it also helps to keep the social chit-chat down at our regular Teams meetings as we've all met in between times and are fairly up to speed on social happenings in our families.


Thursday was a visit to the hairdressers - nothing special about that but I've always admired this chandelier in the hairdressing salon so asked if I could take a picture. It's not really my style at all but it just goes perfectly in the salon. I wish I'd taken a shot of the lovely beige and pink sofa too but I didn't have the nerve to take any more!

On Saturday M and I went to the parish Quiz Night which was good fun - and we didn't actually come last either! A shame that A was away on business so couldn't join us.


Today we had a special visitor at the 10.00am Mass as it was the Going Forth Mass for our First Holy Communion children. We were lucky in that our bishop was able to come and preside at the Mass. It was a lovely, joyful Mass and the sun shone too. That's where this picture comes into the story. It was such a gloriously sunny day as we drove over the Downs on the way home after Rosary and Benediction in the afternoon that M and I decided to stop and enjoy an ice cream in the car park. I can definitely recommend the 'oyster delight'. M's not really going to eat both ice creams; he's just obligingly holding mine while I take the picture!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'r an expert with the camera....I'v not managed to move forward much from the older camera and tripod......hardly see tmem these days. I'd like to see the 'pink sofa'......you can't beat a good pink leather model !! I must stop off for this ice cream, it looks good.