Monday 9 November 2009

All over the world, the Spirit is moving . . .

'All over the world, the Spirit is moving . . . ' Not one of my favourite hymns, admittedly, but the sentiment certainly strikes a chord with me at the moment.

'Is it me? ' . . . to coin another over-used expression. Ever since the news broke of the imminent Apostolic Constitution concerning the Personal Ordinariate provision which would enable existing Anglicans to 'cross the Tiber' yet still retain aspects of their Anglican patrimony, stories have been bubbling above and below the surface in the various news media.

Within the space of about half an hour over the weekend, I read of three conversion stories; one on a news channel, another here and finally here. I'm sure there must be many more similar stories out there. I wasn't looking for them particularly.

We are living in interesting times and surely we are seeing the work of the Holy Spirit in all of these happenings.

Today we can see the details of the provision of the Personal Ordinariate as the Apostolic Constitution Anglicanorum Coetibus is published. Whilst all the experts are going through the document with a fine tooth comb, let all of us ordinary folk continue to pray for everyone concerned; Anglicans considering a possible move to Rome, Catholic Church leaders and all those who will be affected.

3 comments:

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I've known two Anglican priests who became Catholic in our church. One has a grown up family and lives with his wife in his own home. The other is elderly and single and lives in the parish house.

They both celebrate Mass on Sundays, although I've noticed the elderly one always insists on having incense at his Masses and also sprinkling of Holy Water on the congregation.

Anonymous said...

Ut unum sint..........God is ever at work doing wonderful things for His people.

Brian said...

Hello Miss Ellen!

Greetings from the USA!

I found your blog through Victor's blog. Very nice! God bless thses Anglicans - they are coming home.

Nice picture of your family.

I have pictures very similar. The older I get the more I look at them. Can't believe how fast the time goes. My son is already married..... I am praying for grandchildren - hopefully SOON!

God bless!