Saturday 5 February 2011

Disaster . . . !

I've just had a mini domestic disaster! After years of training everyone else in the family to be extra careful with drinks near the computer, I managed to spill a whole cup of coffee all over the desk at home. Isn't it amazing how much one fairly small mug contains once it's spread out all over the floor and various surfaces?

I was dying for a gulp of coffee too, but had to set to immediately with kitchen roll and mop up.

The PC seems to have come off unscathed but I'm not sure about my iPhone. I think the camera may have had it. I'm currently draining my phone upside down on kitchen paper - you never know, it's worth a try. I think the rest of the phone is OK.

And the moral of the story is . . . if the light is beginning to fade and you have a full cup of coffee in your hand, make sure you switch the light on before you try and place it on a coaster which is only fractionally larger than the base of the mug! Still got a sense of humour, anyway.

Update:
Phone has now 'dried out' - without the assistance of a spell in The Priory! Thanks be to God. It was an interesting exercise; as gradually, first the sound reappeared in stages and finally the condensation in the camera lens evaporated.

No comments: