Saturday 19 February 2011

Home Sweet Home . . .


As I have mentioned once or twice before, the Pater Familias travels a lot on business and has done so all of our married life. It's quite normal for me to hesitate for a split second before answering when friends ask, 'and where is he this week, then?'

It's a bit like the joke about the Japanese tourist saying,'It's Monday, so this must be France' - A bit hard on the poor Japanese who are probably no more like this than a certain type of tourist of any other nationality.

What is more, the PF tends to work in areas that have seen their fair share of trouble in one way or another.

Fortunately he decided to postpone his latest trip in good time but it is very warming to know people have his interests at heart. I have had several enquiries from friends this week asking if he's at home in the UK or, as is often the case, in one of the trouble-spots we are currently seeing on all the news programmes.

I keep telling him his guardian angel is doing overtime!

1 comment:

Idle Rambler said...

Thanks for your comment, Big Brother. I haven't published it as I was deliberately trying to be rather vague in my post & your comment was very explicit. I hope you understand.

I agree with you entirely!