Monday 28 April 2008

Chocolate is good for you!


Great news, I've just seen an item on the internet that says, 'Chocolate is good for you' so I'll make a point of taking my 'medicine' later on this evening! Of course it's all to do with the cocoa solids and the soya; all the ingredients that are added to the cocoa to make it taste so good are just the things that are so bad for you - the sugar and the fat. Life's so unfair!

It's amazing, isn't it that one day a particular food is labelled as healthy and almost the next day someone else tells you to avoid it at all costs. I think I'll just continue with my usual practice of eating what I like, in moderate quantities (no limit to cakes, pastries and chocolate of course! :))

A has returned safely from his 'boys' weekend' in Budapest. Looking at the photos it certainly seems as if they had a good time and, judging by the photos again, they seem to have spent a lot of time eating and drinking!

Whilst it is obviously good to do things together as a couple, I also think it's very beneficial to sometimes do things separately with friends rather than your spouse. There is a different atmosphere when a group of women get together, and although I can't speak from personal experience (!) I'm sure the same applies when a group of male friends are together in a social setting. It's just a question of keeping a balance.

1 comment:

Idle Rambler said...

You are so right.............send the 'lads' off for a few days and enjoy the time for yourself. I think it's very important to have good healthy friendships.