Sunday 10 August 2008

A bit of exercise ...

I've been very lazy lately and haven't had much exercise so decided that a slightly longer walk was called for today. It was a lovely day so M and I decided we'd walk to Epsom and back. We haven't done that for a while and it was good fun and good exercise too. Unfortunately A couldn't join us as he had to go into the office to do some work.


We stopped at Tattenham Corner for a short break. This shot is taken from there looking towards the Grandstand.

Lunch break! M enjoying an egg and bacon sandwich from the 'tea hut'

We strolled on into town and had a leisurely coffee there before making the return trip without any stops. I wish I'd taken a photo of the hot chocolate and whipped cream that M managed to put away somehow along with a triple chocolate muffin. Walking does give you an appetite!

We returned home about two and a half hours later, tired but contented. I call that feeling a 'healthy tiredness' as opposed to the stressed out type of tiredness that you can get from working too hard.

1 comment:

Míċeál said...

I did'nt spot you as I drove out in my 'Super' luxury car!! It was a lovely afternoon to dr4ive with the top 'off', there were many more drivers with similar cars so I felt in good company !!!!