Monday 6 October 2008

A new toy ...

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a bit of a 'gadget girl'. Well, I've got a new toy! I got home on Friday afternoon to find a note on the mat from the postman to say that there was a parcel to be collected from the sorting office.

I just about managed to contain myself over the weekend but 'hotfoot-ed' it to the sorting office almost as soon as they opened this morning.

The parcel lay on the back seat of the car while I was at work (burning a metaphorical hole in the seat!) but as soon as I got home, I plugged it in and it's charging now. I'm also a great reader of manuals. I know that is really strange but I like to know as much as possible about something before I try it out.

This new smart phone is linked to our Internet account and the beauty of it is that it has wi-fi so I'll be able to access the Internet when I'm at home and out and about at no extra charge. Funnily enough many of the big coffee shop chains now have wi-fi access as well as hotels, airports, railway stations etc. .... Not that I need much of an excuse to pop into a coffee shop!

I'll keep you posted as to whether or not this phone lives up to the hype.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing 'gadget' ! I feel one coming on too !! I'm certainly no expert and just manage a text and hate 'manuals'; it will be trial and many errors for me. See you in the coffee shop !!!