Wednesday 17 December 2008

Christmas Shopping ...

I've just got back from trying to finish off my Christmas shopping. Why do we put ourselves through this every year? I'm sure there are many people, especially women, who are feeling like this poor woman at the moment. I must say there's an uncanny resemblance between the woman in the cartoon and myself at this precise moment! :)

Even when we've managed to find all the items on our lists, we still have to go home and wrap them all up.

Every year we say, 'never again, next year we're going to keep it simple' and yet by the time Christmas Eve comes around and everything is organised we are so swept away by the Great Feast of Christmas and all that it implies that we really do enjoy it and somehow, all the stress of the preceding days is forgotten. Which reminds me, I still haven't bought the turkey!

No comments: