Sunday 7 December 2008

The Company Christmas 'Do' ...


Friday was the Company Christmas 'Do'. They have several of varying sizes, depending whether or not it's just a department or several departments or a 'group' do. This was the one that 'wives/husbands/partners' were also invited to. Due to the 'Credit Crunch' the smaller group outing that I blogged about last year has been reduced to actual 'money-earning employees' this year! Fair enough.

I wasn't looking forward to it too much as I was still suffering with the dreaded 'lurgy' but it was very well done and the venue, an hotel in London, had arranged everything very well. The atmosphere was very good and despite there being over 300 people in the room, they managed to make each table of about 10 guests seem a fairly intimate group.

The entertainment was very original - a group of break-dancers and they were fantastic. I loved the way they just walked in (or should I say swaggered, I'm sure you can imagine) off the street, unannounced in their 'street' gear - hoodies and trackie bottoms. They just made their way through the tables, and started dancing on the small dance floor. Similarly once they'd finished they just picked up their tops and walked out without a comment! They got a good response from the guests, I must say.

Shame the lighting was so low, I couldn't get many good pictures but here's one taken by a professional just to give an idea of the 'ambience'.

No comments: