Sunday 14 December 2008

Gaudete ...


'Rejoice, rejoice, and again I say, rejoice!'

I'm so pleased I got my rose candles in time for Gaudete Sunday. We all need a bit of light to relieve the gloom at this time of year.

Christmas time is always fraught with pressure - so many things to do; writing and sending cards, buying gifts, putting up decorations and getting the house ready, thinking about the meals, buying the food etc. etc. .... and that's not including what's going on at work. And through all this we're supposed to stay calm and prepare for the Lord's coming?? To quote a popular phrase, 'You're having a laugh, aren't you!'

It's great to take a few minutes to think about what is just around the corner and to use an old-fashioned but particularly appropriate word, 'rejoice'.

I definitely feel a lot more 'HO, HO, HO!' than 'Bah, Humbug!' today.

No comments: