Tuesday 5 May 2009

Family matters . . .

. . . and families matter too, don't they?

We had a great Bank Holiday weekend, starting off with some good friends round for dinner on Saturday evening and then number two son coming down on Sunday to collect his laptop. He was only here for just 24 hours but it was lovely to be all together again even for that short time.

I was as excited as he was (or, maybe more so) about looking at the new super-duper laptop. How I managed to resist the temptation of setting it up before he was able to collect it, I don't know. It was a bit like knowing that there was an early Christmas present in a cupboard that I wasn't allowed to open until Christmas morning.

The paterfamilias spent a large part of Sunday attacking the grass in the back garden with a scarifier borrowed from a colleague to 'wage war' on the now defunct moss and weeds which make up our euphemistically named 'lawn'. He had already had a 'death to weeds' day a little while ago attacking them with chemicals (sorry, not very organic, I'm afraid).

I think he would have loved to have a 'toy' like this at his disposal - the Sioux Weed Eliminator - the name says it all, I think!

Talk about ' boys' toys'.

No comments: