Friday 15 May 2009

Latest from the Holy Land . . .


As the Holy Father has been too busy to text me on his latest movements, I'll have to make do with updates from 'the boys' who seem to be having a great time and a wonderful pilgrimage.

They appear to be following in the Holy Father's footsteps - literally. They checked in at Notre Dame hotel in Jerusalem yesterday after Pope Benedict himself left the same hotel in the morning.

I didn't hear on the news whether His Holiness had also been in a cable car over Mount Masada like 'the boys'! (Thanks to Danny who's been uploading photos to Facebook religiously (pun, intended!) so that I can be with them 'virtually' if not in person, and for allowing me to pinch the odd shot until the 'boys' get home and I can see their photos).

The Holy Father ended his visit today and here is a clip from the Vatican YouTube site of his final address. Poor man, can you imagine, you're all packed and ready to board the plane and you still have to stop and chat to the press. You never have that problem on a Thompsons holiday!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a 'super' holiday/pilgrimage 'the boys' are having. I'm looking forward to seeing more photos when they return. You would'nt get me on a cable car for all the tea in China!!