Sunday 4 April 2010

This day was made by the Lord; we rejoice and are glad . . .

Our Easter Vigil lived up to expectations! It was a beautiful liturgy made all the more special by the fact that we had baptisms and receptions during the Mass.

Back to Mass this morning which has quite a different 'feel' to it. As people were leaving, a young family passed by and we exchanged Easter greetings; the youngest child proudly showed me an Easter basket left by the Easter Bunny whilst his older sister was displaying her Easter Bunny toy pinned to her cardigan - and why not? I would be very disappointed if the Easter Bunny hadn't left me something edible of the chocolate variety on the breakfast table this morning!

Not much more to add really except to wish everyone a very Happy Easter. I hope you enjoy the beautiful video, chosen for the music as much as for the images.

4 comments:

the mother of this lot said...

I can't see the video, but I'm glad you had a happy Easter!

Catholic Student said...

Happy Easter!

Easter Morning Mass was beautiful (in the cathedral). Alas +Peter didn't celebrate the Mass but the choir sang the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's Messiah. Truly beautiful.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wow ... you've changed the photo at the top of your Blog. It looks great.

Hope you're keeping well.

God bless.

Idle Rambler said...

Sorry, you can't see the video MOTL. I did try it from another computer and it was OK so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Yes, Victor. I thought it was time for a change of photo. I think Spring has really arrived, at last! Our camellia seems to think so, anyway! :-)