Friday 4 December 2009

Quadruped with crimson probiscus . . .



I'm sorry for the long silence - no excuse apart from the 'busy-ness' of this time of year which other bloggers seem to take in their stride and still manage to post something just about every day. How do they do it?

Lest my few readers, give up on me, I found this Christmas quiz on the web and thought it might give you a few moments' amusement until I get around to writing something a bit more serious and appropriate for Advent.

NAME THAT CAROL!

1. Quadruped with crimson proboscis

2. 5 p.m. to 6 a.m. without noise

3. Minuscule hamlet in the far east

4. Ancient benevolent despot

5. Adorn the vestibule

6. Exuberance directed to the planet

7. Listen, aerial spirits harmonizing

8. Monarchical trio

9. Yonder in the haystack

10. Assemble, everyone who believes

11. Hallowed post meridian

12. Fantasies of a colorless December 25th

13. Tin tintinnabulums

14. A dozen 24-hour Yule periods

15. Befell during the transparent bewitching hour

16. Homo sapien of crystallized vapor

17. I merely desire a pair of incisors

18. I spied my maternal parent osculating a fat man in red

19. Perambulating through a December solstice fantasy

20. Hey there! The announcing celestial beings carol.

21. On commencement of Yuletide my honey bestowed upon me.

22. Decorate the passage with branches of evergreen sprigs.

23. O scared darkness, the asterisks are brilliantly shimmering.

24. O approach, y'all devoted happy and victorious...

25. Ourselves bid yourselves a joyous Noel and a cheerful neoteric 365 days . . .

If you got stuck on any of them, you'll find the answers here along with other Christmas trivia. I missed out some of the questions that were using lines from the middle of carols or were not that well known.

2 comments:

baby brother said...

Mind if I share this on fb?

Idle Rambler said...

By all means though the quiz is not my original work of course.