Thursday 31 December 2009

Tempus fugit . . .

Apologies for the long silence - caused both by Christmas 'busy-ness' and lack of inspiration!

We always joke about time seeming to go faster as we get older. Another 'old chestnut' is that once the Christmas Sales have finished, the shops start putting out Easter eggs.

This was brought home to me yesterday. After having had my hair cut, I went to make an appointment for my next visit, a week later than usual this time, and was told it would therefore be 17th February. Looking in my diary, I found it was Ash Wednesday. I couldn't believe that Lent is just 'one hair cut' away from Christmas. I think I've found a new way of measuring time!

Easter is just '2 hair cuts' away from Christmas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely way of conting the liturgical seasons ! I wonder how you will get on with ordinary time ? A very happy New Year too.

Idle Rambler said...

Thank you. A very Happy New Year to you too.

Mulier Fortis said...

"Isn't time fun when you're having flies?" as one frog said to the other!

A very happy New Year to you...

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless you and your family this New Year and always.