Saturday 17 May 2008

Sign of the times . . .



. . . Or a sign of my turning into a 'Grumpy Old Woman' ! I popped into a local shopping centre this afternoon to do a bit of shopping, go to the bank, top up my phone etc. This is what greeted me when I stepped into the lobby from the car park to get the lift down to the shops (no stairs or escalator in this car park, unbelievably).

This is not an unusual sight, especially at the weekend. There is a large waste bin just a few yards away at the entrance to the lobby and it was by no means full.

Is this lack of care for public spaces a new phenomenon or is it just that I notice it more?

2 comments:

GhostOfTomJoad said...

call that litter...b-b-b-baby you ain't see nothin' yet

these photos of mcr piccadilly after the uefa cup final are not the worst i've seen. i was there at the time and these don't do it justice. conversely some of the photos i've seen on f/b shocked even me!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7403492.stm

Idle Rambler said...

ghostoftomjoad

You're right, shocking is the word. Thanks for the link.