Sunday 14 September 2008

All change ....

I feel a rant coming on so if you're of a nervous disposition please skip this post and come back when I've calmed down!!

Why oh why do some people think if a thing is working well, let's see if we can 'improve' it???

I know I'm not the only one to dislike the new Facebook profile. We all knew our way around the old style site and it felt like a comfortable old cardigan. It worked. I know we have to give these things time but I just find it intensely irritating.

Same thing with the new site meter. The old one was basic, did all that I needed it to - i.e. counted the number of visitors to my blog. Now I find not only am I having trouble sorting out the migration process to get to the new site; when I finally arrive the statistics are in the least user-friendly format possible. After searching all over the site for the total number of visitors I still haven't found the answer - I can see a pie chart or histogram of which page or how many pages or which countries visitors come from but a simple tally of daily visits - no, that's far too complicated!

Oh well, at least the rest of the day went well. We have a new manager in our local coffee shop near the pond and he has invested in a new ice-cream freezer with lots of yummy flavours. Between us we had strawberry, vanilla, chocolate, mint-chocolate, caramel and coffee liqueur. Are you feeling envious yet?

After a little walk I did another few hours of satisfying digging and weeding in the back garden, making the most of this unexpected spell of dry, mild weather after weeks of rain.

No comments: