Monday 1 September 2008

A good day ...

I had a good day today. We've been having a few minor hitches with the garden work and I've almost been dreading coming back each day to see what the latest problem is! Well, today I came home to find that at last it begins to make sense.

Here you can see the approach to the garden from the side passageway.

I must say it's all hugely thanks to Adrian and his skill in dealing with these 'little problems' and the workmen. I'm seeing his problem-solving skills at first-hand for a change!

In this photo I hope you can see how the different layers in the raised beds work and tie in with the new raised terrace.

I can't wait for the men to finish now and for the lighting to be installed so that I can get on with the planting.

I might just have to go along to the Garden Centre anyway - just to get a few ideas, you understand!

If the non-technical amongst you (and I include myself in that!) are wondering what the metal rods are for sticking up out of the flower beds, then I can tell you - they are our landscaper's cunning means of locating the electric cable that is buried under the flower beds so that the electrician can connect up a few spotlights in the new beds - simple but effective!

No comments: