Monday 8 September 2008

"Where Echoes Meet"

I've just finished reading a most inspiring book by a young girl of just 18 years of age. Catherine Simon has written with great maturity the stories of nine pilgrims whose lives have been changed by Lourdes.

I was offered the book to read and I thought I'll just have a quick look through it and read a few paragraphs here and there to get a feel for it but after the first few pages, I was 'hooked'.

You'd think that a book which goes into great detail about the tragic life stories of each of its subjects with quite severe, physical, mental or emotional disabilities would be depressing beyond words, but I found it quite the opposite. The sense of hope and the deep faith of the Pilgrims leaped out at me from the page and I found it quite inspiring.

If you ever get a change to read this book, I heartily recommend it to you whether or not you're already a convinced Lourdes fan, or have in fact never visited the shrine in the French village in the Pyrenees. If you'd like to find out more please check out the website.

No comments: