Monday 2 February 2009

Even more snow ..

I know I've already posted pictures of the snow last night but how can you not take more photos when it's so beautiful outside?


The view from my window told me straight away that I wouldn't be going to work today.

Having spent an anxious evening worrying about whether or not my husband would make it home last night, I was relieved to hear that he was within half an hour of home at about midnight, having left Manchester soon after 7 pm.

Half an hour in ordinary driving conditions, that is ... however, a later phone call at about 1am told me that he couldn't get any further and he had made it as far as the office and was going to try and get a few hours' sleep there (home from home anyway!) I was happy to hear he was in the warm and dry at least.

It really is just like a scene from a Christmas card here.

And finally, this shot taken at about 8am shows just how much snow has actually fallen. It looks a bit surreal, almost as if a snowman is slumped in the chair.

I'll try not to mention the snow again for a while!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel certain that you can make some 'superior' Christmas cards for next Christmas !!