Friday 13 February 2009

St Valentine or St Raphael?


I popped into our local shopping centre after work today and couldn't help noticing an increase in the number of men, young and old, buying; looking at; or carrying flowers in various forms, from a single rose to large bouquets - but of course today is the day before St Valentines Day!

But perhaps they've got it all wrong . . .

According to Clare Ward from the Catholic Enquiry Office St Valentine is the patron saint for those who have already found the love of their life. Those still searching for a soulmate should be petitioning St Raphael. At least that's what I read here.

"If tomorrow you are still looking for your soul mate, the actual patron saint is St Raphael. He's the person you should dedicate your day or pray to if you are looking for Mr or Mrs right."

St Raphael, according to legend, helped Tobias enter into marriage with Sarah, who had seen seven previous bridegrooms perish on the eve of their weddings.

Well, whichever saint you decide to ask to intercede for you, I hope your prayers are answered.

By the way, chaps, I think most females would be equally impressed with a large box of extra special chocolates - I know I would be! (Here's hoping!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you will get 'a special' box of chocolates in honour of St. Valentine.