Friday 27 February 2009

Herald of Spring?

Yes, I now know for definite that Spring must be just around corner. 'How?', I hear you asking. 'Have you heard the first cuckoo ... noticed frogspawn on the pond .... or even heard the buzzing of a bumblebee?'

Not at all. On driving home today, on a gloriously bright day, I noticed the first ice-cream van parked on the Downs ... and quietly doing not bad trade at all! A more reliable indicator than any of the above!


Long may it last, I say.

By the way, this is not the actual ice cream van on the Downs - I didn't have my camera on me when I drove past. I'll try and get a picture of the real thing soon and update this post.

Post Script: This picture is the real van now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right ! i love to see that ice cream van; the sun need only shine for two consecutive days and Mr Whippy will surely drive around and play that happy tune to introduce his arrival.