Tuesday 3 February 2009

Something missing ...


Yes, it's good to have an unexpected day off but today is the second day at home and I missed Mass today - missed in the sense of being absent and also missed in that I felt that absence.

Today is the optional Memorial of St Blaise and we always have the blessing of throats at the end of Mass. This would have been especially good for me as I've had an ongoing problem with my throat for a few years.

I've decided I'm going to walk to church anyway as I know that it will be open. We are very lucky that we are able to leave the church unlocked every day during the day so people can pop in to pray when they want to.

In these conditions I should make it in under an hour and a half. I hope my family and friends will send a St Bernard (dog) after me with a tot of brandy if I don't return home by nightfall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do hope you had refreshment en route; you should carry 'a hip flask' (water, of course). In weather like this a St Bernard would be very welcome !!