Tuesday 7 April 2009

A few hours later ...

Well, one out of two isn't bad, I suppose! Well done to the friendly boiler man but I'm afraid it's nul points to the delivery man.

It's just the sheer frustration that gets to you. I kept my cool, however, (just!) and tracked down the delivery agent's number and after the usual, 'sorry to keep you waiting, your call is important to us...' nonsense got through to someone who informed me that no, actually my delivery was booked for an afternoon slot!

Oh dear, someone's got their wires crossed. The message I received definitely said morning delivery - between 8am and 1pm. I'm sure because I remember thinking, 'oh, good, that means I'll still be able to get a bit of work done afterwards and it won't be a whole day wasted.'

Mind you, I feel sorry for the poor girl at the end of the telephone. She must be having to deal with irate customers all day. I hope I didn't take my frustration out on her.

No comments: