Tuesday 7 April 2009

Still waiting ...

I've swapped my day off today and am working from home as I have to be here to take delivery of number 2 son's new laptop. I thought I'd catch up with my blog while I'm having my coffee break.

We all know how frustrating it is waiting for deliveries, workmen etc. to arrive (if they arrive!) but I'm quite glad to have a peaceful few hours to catch up both with a few work items and some jobs that have been squeezed out at home lately.

By lucky coincidence, the boiler man who I've been trying to pin down for over a week (not literally, you understand!) has also promised to make it this morning too - we'll see! It's not that I'm really getting cynical in my old age (!) but I tend to take the attitude nowadays of, 'Don't expect it to happen and then when it does, it'll be a lovely surprise.' It makes for a calmer life.

Our boiler is refusing to fire up which means getting out of a nice warm bed early in the morning, wrapping up and traipsing out to the garage to reset it manually. Luckily the weather is mild at the moment but we still need hot water for showers etc. I know there are a lot more serious problems in the world but it's still been a blooming nuisance. I wouldn't mind but the boiler is still under guarantee.

Waiting . . . and still smiling - at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a day! You do have lovely days!!