Tuesday 21 April 2009

Time for another gardening post ...

I've always wanted a dwarf rhododendron (to go with our dwarf garden!) and last year I treated myself to one. Now that it's had time to settle into its new pot, it's put on a splendid show this year.

Regular readers of this little blog may remember one day last October I mentioned that I'd planted about 100 bulbs in beds and pots in the garden and would be interested to see how they turned out. Well, now I'm beginning to see the 'fruits of my labours'. Mostly I planted them in groups of two varieties which were meant to bloom more or less at the same time and provide a pleasing contrast in colour, height and sometimes flower shape as well.

Some have worked better than others. This pot looks good at the moment but I'm wondering whether or not the shorter red tulips will last long enough to see the contrast with the taller purple ones just coming into bloom now.

No comments: