Thursday 16 April 2009

This 'n' that . . .

I was going to post about the fantastic weather we've been having . . . until this afternoon when I realised there's a lot of the wet stuff around!

We had a lovely afternoon on Bank Holiday Monday. We couldn't go out for the whole day as we'd promised to pick up number 1 son from the station at lunchtime after he'd been to a morning concert in London (no buses on the route home from the station on Sundays and Bank Holidays - how are we supposed to 'do our bit' for the environment, I wonder?)

We decided we'd pick him up, go for a nice pub lunch and then drive out a bit and have a walk. We managed the pub lunch and the drive to the walking spot but that's as far as it went. I'm afraid the combination of a delicious meal, a glass of wine and a warm car are better than any sleeping pill - it's alright I wasn't driving!

So, we did enjoy the beautiful countryside at its spring-time best but only through the windows of the car.

I just thought I'd mention too that it's a year since I started this blog - hence the bottle of bubbly. I don't think we have any champagne at the moment but I'm sure we have a bottle of wine in the fridge. I shall investigate later.

No comments: