Saturday 22 August 2009

Our Lady, Queen and Mother . . .

Time to calm down after all the excitement with the cricket yesterday. A complete change of tempo at Mass this morning.

No matter what day it is, Feast Day or Feria, I always find there's a very peaceful, prayerful atmosphere in our church before Mass, providing I can get there just a few minutes early. It really is the best way to start the day - no matter what's going on outside the building, or inside my head - there's an almost tangible atmosphere of calm inside the church.

I came across this beautiful Morning Offering when I was looking for a suitable picture of Our Lady:

My Queen, My Mother,
I offer myself entirely to Thee.

And to show my devotion to Thee,
I offer to Thee this day, my eyes, my ears,
my mouth, my heart,
my whole being without reserve.

Wherefore, good Mother,
as I am thine own,
keep me, guard me
as Thy property and possession.

Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful morning offering, thank you, and a lovely note on which to start each day.