Monday 17 August 2009

To be a pilgrim . . .


I've always like the idea of joining a walking pilgrimage but have never actually got around to doing anything about it (I probably wouldn't last past the first few miles, anyway!) One of our good friends is a great walker and is currently taking part in the Arundel and Brighton Pilgrimage from York to Lindisfarne.

I'm having great fun being a 'virtual pilgrim' by following their activities via their blog Pilgrims Live 2009 I did get as far as joining this pilgrimage with Number 1 Son a couple of times as a 'day pilgrim' in past years when the pilgrimage route passed fairly close by and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not sure how I'd cope with sleeping on the floors of church and school halls for two weeks though - I like my home comforts too much!

Inspired by the pictures on Sunday's blog post and the lovely weather here I decided to have a little expedition myself locally so set off to Box Hill, a local beauty spot with fantastic views as you can see in the photo. Not the best photo I took but it was hard to find a view without lots of people in it as it was such a glorious day and so many people were sensibly taking advantage of the weather to get out for a walk or a picnic.

No comments: