Thursday 19 August 2010

Are we the first? . . .

I got home from work today to find this on the doormat . . .

. . . Our first Christmas card catalogue.

Well it is August, after all! To some people this may even be a trifle late for them. I know some people like to do their Christmas shopping in the January sales and have everything wrapped, labelled and stored in a cupboard before the end of February. Where's the fun in that?

I refuse to hear the 'C' word in our house before the beginning of Advent. Of course, that means I do have the usual stress of trying to get all the cards written, presents wrapped , food bought and tree decorated in a mad panic at the last minute but then it wouldn't be Christmas without a near nervous breakdown in the third week of December, would it?

1 comment:

rosamundi said...

my heart used to sink into my boots when the "Back to School" adverts started on the day we broke up. I'm over 30 and I still get a vague sinking feeling when I go into WHSmith's during August.