Monday 2 August 2010

Papal Souvenirs . . .

Like many bloggers, I expect, I have added @thepapalvisit to my Twitter feed and it's a very useful way of keeping up to date with official news about the forthcoming visit.

Having a bit of spare time this evening and in the mood for a bit of light relief, I thought I'd have a look at the official souvenirs now being offered for sale to commemorate the Papal Visit.

I must say, they all seem in fairly good taste although I don't know that I'd particularly want to buy a flashing candle.

Looking further afield at some non-official suppliers, I came across some very interesting T shirts and hoodies. Most of them quite acceptable though not to my personal taste but then I think I'm getting past the slogan T shirt stage!

GBTP? - God Bless the Pope, of course!

And finally, a couple of designs you definitely won't see me in this September . . .

And looking to the States, I have to admit, I find this little chap quite appealing . . .


Being middle-aged and boring, I'll probably end up with a Papal mug - after all, you can't go wrong with a china mug, can you? Who knows, maybe I'll really push the boat out and buy a matching tea-towel!

I wonder if any other bloggers have come across any really super duper souvenirs for sale yet (or even any particularly tacky ones!)

2 comments:

Dominic Mary said...

I have to say that I had been deploring all of the things on the offiical website. I just can't see why, if we have to have such things, they couldn't be examples of really first-class design . . . which none of these are.
On the other hand, we might even do better and give the money we would have spent to Peter's Pence; and then the Holy Father can do something useful with it !

Idle Rambler said...

DM - I expect we'll see lot worse before September!