Monday 1 June 2009

June is bustin' out all over . . .

'Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June'

(Al Bernstein, American actor)



For a change we seem to be entering June with appropriate weather - long may it last. Although not officially Summer yet, once we get into June, it usually feels as if it's here already.


June to me is;

The Epsom Derby (just down the road for us),

roses, lovely roses,

Wimbledon - and naturally strawberries and cream,

a glass or two of Pimms at the least excuse,

cricket,

walks in the countryside finishing with a cream tea whenever possible,

queues in front of ice-cream vans,

bees buzzing around lavender,

Trooping the Colour,

long hours of daylight,



'These are a few of my favourite (June) things.'


How about you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could take you up on almost all, however, I'm not sure about cricket since I don't understand the game....I'm on for the others !!!