Thursday 11 June 2009

Just musing . . .

I often wonder when I have nothing in particular to blog about but haven't blogged for a day or two; is it better to say nothing or is it better to post something no matter how mundane, or inane even? Yes, I know that applies to most of my posts anyway.

Personally, I like to see new posts on the blogs I follow regularly, no matter how 'ordinary' the content. We don't all lead such exciting lives that every waking moment is earth-shatteringly newsworthy ( I don't think that I would want to either!) Also, I actually find the 'ordinary' quite interesting anyway.

So, as I can only act on how I feel about it, I decided to go ahead and blog today.

Yesterday, being Wednesday, was my day off and followed much the same pattern as most Wednesdays for me:

The day began with:


Mass at our local church - always a good way to begin the day. A bit like having a good breakfast - it really sets you up for the day ahead. I like to walk as the church is not far away and even in yesterday's showers was enjoyable. It also gives me time to prepare for Mass as I walk along - time and space to get into the right frame of mind.

This was followed by:


Coffee with friends -another important element in my day - excellent therapy and nourishment of a different sort.

Quite a bit of the afternoon was spent like this:


I don't think I looked quite as glamorous and I don't have one of these snazzy-looking steam-iron-thingummy-bobs but I spent a happy hour or two dashing away with my own rather worn smoothing iron.

Finally I settled myself in front of the TV for what promised to be a happy 90 minutes or so watching England v Andorra - and it was very enjoyable. It's always good to be on the winning side (who said, 'for a change'?)

No comments: