Saturday 20 June 2009

Lavender's blue, dilly, dilly . . .

Lavender's blue . . . Oh, I don't know, I'd say it was more purple.


I had a feeling this lavender bush in front of the house was going to put on a good show this year. I think I managed to cut it back at just the right time . . . for a change.


Here's another purple plant that's doing well in our garden this year. We had three clematises (what is the plural of clematis?) on this particular fence and we seem to have lost two over the winter . . . poor John Paul II (the clematis, not the Pope!) and a small-flowered late-flowering variety that I've forgotten the name of. Still at least this Jackmanii is making good use of the extra space without any competition this year. I shall have fun choosing a replacement or two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Lavender blue, dilly, dilly...'yes for me it's just that and I'm nearly blind !!