Sunday 14 June 2009

Lazy Summer Sunday . . .

Today was almost idyllic. I woke up to sunshine streaming through the bedroom window. A bit of sunshine makes all the difference, doesn't it?

We had a lovely Mass for the Feast of Corpus Christi with the choir singing their hearts out and time to chat with friends over coffee in the hall afterwards.

Last night on our way out to a 'do' I spotted a sign near us advertising local gardens that would be open for charity all weekend so I spent a lovely, lazy afternoon wandering around looking at other people's gardens, chatting to people with a common interest.

People are very brave to open their gardens to complete strangers but gardeners are a decent bunch on the whole, I'd say! After much 'ooh-ing and aaah-ing' over the plants and with feelings of inadequacy increasing with each successive garden, I stopped to indulge myself with a delicious cream tea at my final stop with home-made scones, jam and clotted cream . . . just perfect.

Simple pleasures are often the best, I think.

1 comment:

Danny said...

Beautiful flower bed