Friday 26 June 2009

That's my boy!

Oh I did have fun teasing number one son when his photo appeared on the front cover of our diocesan newspaper this month! I'm only just posting it now as I've been waiting for the online version to be posted on our diocesan website. I had scanned the photo in the newspaper but it really wasn't good enough to use.

I know it's really a picture of our bishop mixing the perfume and the oil to make the chrism at the Chrism Mass but there's no denying that is definitely our eldest standing there holding the book, as large as life.

It's a while ago now, of course, but it was a beautiful Mass and very moving to see so many of our clergy together in one place and reaffirming the promises they made at ordination. It's so encouraging for the rest of us 'ordinary folk in the pews.'

1 comment:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

I just die for pictures of my boys!