Monday 20 July 2009

I didn't know that . . .

I don't usually blog about the family as they are very keen not to have their privacy invaded, and I respect that (shame though it is, as I could blog forever about silly little family incidents :-)).

Today, however, the Paterfamilias has a special birthday and I had intended to say it was the day that he qualifies for his bus pass.

I thought I'd have a look on the council web site and see if he could apply online. It was then I discovered that from April of last year both men and women qualified for free bus transport from the age of 60 (equality of the sexes and all that).

Oops, I don't know how I'm going to break it to him that he could have been swanning off all over the place absolutely gratis for over a year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you will break it to him gently over a good glass of wine !!