Thursday 16 July 2009

Oh, the youth of today . . .

I was a bit late back today as I'd arranged to have a coffee and catch up session with my amazing Goddaughter. I feel I've been very negligent in my 'Godmotherly' role and as she was home for a rare brief visit was really pleased to be able to see her. It also gave me a good excuse to visit the new Costa coffee shop locally (do we really need an excuse ?)

I don't know many 21 year olds who can talk for an hour about God's plan for them. Very inspiring to see the enthusiasm which just bubbles out of her and I'm sure she'll achieve great things with the youth ministry team she's involved with in Liverpool.

There's something about the more 'Evangelical' Churches (Anglican in her case) of any denomination that seems to appeal to young people and they seem to have no problem, not only in attracting young people to their churches, but also to hanging on to them. I wonder what the secret is?

Being a bit late home I missed catching the end of today's play at Lord's, and Strauss's century - never mind, there's always a chance of another century tomorrow :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I understood cricket I would be the first to fill you in BUT it's foreign to me !!