Wednesday 14 July 2010

A sad ending to a tragic story . . .

Catholic with Attitude has a very good post on the tragic story of Raoul Moat and his dreadful behaviour which led to the death of one person and the wounding of two others.

Like many people, I followed the news as the story unfolded (it was pretty difficult to escape it, really, as it seemed to receive blanket coverage on all channels) and went to bed on the Friday night fully expecting that the stand-off between Raoul Moat and the police would be resolved peacefully.

My first reaction when I woke to hear that Mr Moat had taken his own life was 'how sad'. Of course I don't condone his awful behaviour and I feel terribly sorry for his victims and their families but it doesn't mean that I can't feel compassion for him too.

No comments: