Friday 16 July 2010

St David's Pilgrimage . . .


Some very good friends of ours take part in our annual Diocesan Ecumenical Walking Pilgrimage every year. This year the pilgrimage is wholly in Wales. I have on a couple of occasions in the past joined the annual pilgrimage as a 'day pilgrim' when the route has passed within travelling distance, and for the past few years have been a 'virtual pilgrim' following their excellent daily diary online.

If, like me, you enjoy walking, praying and beautiful scenery in the company of like-minded people, you might like to have a look at their website here.

If you live in Wales and are near part of the route, I can assure you of a warm welcome if you feel like joining them for the day, or even just a few hours.

7 comments:

Mary Soukup said...

Hi there,

Are you going to do part of the pilgrimage? Or are you going to be on line for it? I would love to go and see or do a part of a pilgrimage. I might just have to look at the web site. I'm not going to be able to get out there. ;)

I have been reading your blog, sorry I have not been commenting that much. I have been reading a lot of blogs on the go with my I touch. I love the Summer and so if I can get out I try and do just that. But don't worry I'm trying to keep up with some of my favs blogs.

I'm glad you are back to bloging again.

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

I don't live anywhere near Wales. From the description, I wish I did!

Idle Rambler said...

No, Mary,I'm too far away to join the pilgrimage for a day but I look forward to following them online.
Good to hear you're making the most of the summer - much better to get out and about when the weather's nice rather than stay indoors in front of the computer.

breadgirl said...

Hi Miss Ellen E
This is very interesting. It will be strenuous but rewarding, I am sure. And I know that the scenery is just gorgeous! I will follow them on line and pray for and with them.

I follow a couple of photo blogs and one of them is based in Wales. I saw several pictures on there of places on the pilgrims' route. One that I found especially interesting is of an ancient cross marking the pilgrims' way. I am enclosing the link for it as you might also find the picture and the information interesting.

http://photos2pleaseu.blogspot.com/2010/01/pilgrims-cross.html

Thanks, Miss Ellen E, and God bless you.

breadgirl said...

Hello again Miss Ellen E
I have been tagged with a Catholic meme and I am tagging you. Pop over to my blog http://lastwelshmartyr.blogspot.com/ to see what it is all about. Thanks and God bless you.

kee said...

Following online? That's quite new to me.
By the way, I have tagged you for the same Catholic Meme that Breadgirl told you about already, but I'm sure it doesn't mean you have to do it twice.
Hope all is well.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Nice website. Thank you for the link.

God bless.